Certificate 3 Guarantee Program
The Certificate 3 Guarantee Program is a state funded program that entitles eligible Queenslanders access to a Certificate III level qualification in a selection of priority training areas.
Who is eligible for the program?
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee, an individual must:
- Not hold or be currently undertaking a certificate III or higher level qualification. This does not include certificate III qualifications completed while at secondary school
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have finished secondary school or left school
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident residing in Queensland, or New Zealand citizen permanently residing in Queensland (i.e. a person with a New Zealand Passport who can also produce documentary evidence of a Queensland residential address).
What will it cost me to participate?
Course fees associated with your training are subsidised by the Queensland Government, leaving only a small student contribution enrolment fee.
Please note, for students who are looking to enrol into the following courses:
- CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Many employers in these industries require workers to obtain a Blue Card, Yellow Card and/or a Police Check, you may also be required to hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate. Students enrolling into these courses will need to source and pay for these items themselves prior to undertaking vocational placement. Blue Cards are free for students, however, the prices for Police Checks and First Aid/CPR courses will vary depending on the supplier you choose.
Student Contribution Fees:
Non - Concessional: $25
Consessional Participants defined as follows:
(a) the Participant holds a Health Care concession card or Pensioner concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care concession card or Pensioner concession card, and is named on the card; or
(b) the Participant can provide an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the Participant, his or her partner or the person of whom the Participant is a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner concession card; or
(c) the Participant is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person
- Participants will no longer be eligible for further subsidised training under the Program once they complete the Certificate III Qualification
- Participants will be required to complete the Training and Employment Survey within three months after training
- Participants undertaking some Qualifications are required to undertake vocational placement as it forms part of your assessment. This will require you to work (unpaid) in a live working environment. Duration of vocational placement will depend on your specific course requirements.