Certificate 3 Guarantee Program
The Certificate 3 Guarantee Program is a state funded program that entitles eligible Queenslanders access to a Certificate III level qualification in a selection of priority training areas.
Who is eligible for the program?
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee, an individual must:
- Not hold or be currently undertaking a certificate III or higher level qualification. This does not include certificate III qualifications completed while at secondary school
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have finished secondary school or left school
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident residing in Queensland, or New Zealand citizen permanently residing in Queensland (i.e. a person with a New Zealand Passport who can also produce documentary evidence of a Queensland residential address).
Click here for learner Fact Sheet (PDF)
Click here for disadvantaged learner Fact Sheet (PDF)
What will it cost me to participate?
Course fees associated with your training are subsidised by the Queensland Government, leaving only a small student contribution enrolment fee.
Please note, for students who are looking to enrol into the following courses:
Many employers in these industries require workers to obtain a Blue Card, Disability Worker Screening (Previously known as the Yellow Card) and/or a Police Check, you may also be required to hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate.
Please note that Queensland has adopted a “No Card, No Start” policy, this means that students enrolling into these courses will need to source, pay for these items, and successfully obtain them prior to undertaking vocational placement. Blue Cards and Disability Worker Screenings are free for students, however, the prices for Police Checks and First Aid/CPR courses will vary depending on the supplier you choose. Designer Life will assist you with the application process for a Blue Card and/or Disability Worker Screening.
Student Contribution Fees:
Non - Concessional: $25
Consessional Participants defined as follows:
(a) the Participant holds a Health Care concession card or Pensioner concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care concession card or Pensioner concession card, and is named on the card; or
(b) the Participant can provide an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the Participant, his or her partner or the person of whom the Participant is a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner concession card; or
(c) the Participant is of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander origin
- Participants will no longer be eligible for further subsidised training under the Program once they complete the Certificate III Qualification
- Participants undertaking some Qualifications are required to undertake vocational placement as it forms part of your assessment. This will require you to work (unpaid) in a live working environment. Duration of vocational placement will depend on your specific course requirements.
Work Placements and COVID-19 Vaccinations
Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 Pandemic the Queensland Government may impose increased restrictions from time to time to ensure the safety of the public. As a part of these restrictions access to facilities that house vulnerable people may be restricted. This includes facilities such as:
- Residential aged care facilities
- Disability accommodation services
- Correctional centres
During periods where increased restrictions are in place students will not be able to enter a facility listed above unless they are fully vaccinated.
This means that if increased restrictions are introduced by the government it may have an impact on your ability to complete a work placement. Where work placement is mandatory for the successful completion of your course, you cannot be issued with a certificate until you have successfully completed your placement.
Additionally, individual employers may have their own requirements for students to be vaccinated prior to entering their facility. These requirements will be confirmed with the employer prior to sourcing a placement.
If you have any questions about getting vaccinated prior to a Work Placement please speak with our team prior to your enrolment.