Certificate 3 Guarantee Program
The Certificate 3 Guarantee Program is a state funded program that entitles eligible Queenslanders access to a Certificate III level qualification in a selection of priority training areas.
Who is eligible for the program?
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee, an individual must:
- Not hold or be currently undertaking a certificate III or higher level qualification. This does not include certificate III qualifications completed while at secondary school
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have finished secondary school or left school
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident residing in Queensland, or New Zealand citizen permanently residing in Queensland (i.e. a person with a New Zealand Passport who can also produce documentary evidence of a Queensland residential address).
What will it cost me to participate?
Course fees associated with your training are subsidised by the Queensland Government, leaving only a small student contribution enrolment fee.
Student Contribution Fees:
Non - Concessional: $25
Consessional Participants defined as follows:
(a) the Participant holds a Health Care concession card or Pensioner concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care concession card or Pensioner concession card, and is named on the card; or
(b) the Participant can provide an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the Participant, his or her partner or the person of whom the Participant is a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner concession card; or
(c) the Participant is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person
- Participants will no longer be eligible for further subsidised training under the Program once they complete the Certificate III Qualification
- Participants will be required to complete the Training and Employment Survey within three months after training
- Participants undertaking some Qualifications are required to undertake vocational placement as it forms part of your assessment. This will require you to work (unpaid) in a live working environment. Duration of vocational placement will depend on your specific course requirements.